International Health Certificates

Preparing to travel with your pet? Long before you take off to a new land with your pet, you’re most likely going to need an International Health Certificate. Below you will find valuable information to help you through the process of traveling abroad with your pet.

Unfortunately, the process is not as simple as most think. Every country has different rules, and each require differing documentation proving your pet is healthy and vaccinated. Obtaining the necessary documentation can be complex and drawn out — and in some cases it can take up to six months!

We’re here to help! Our team can help you get organized, facilitate testing, vaccines, and exams. And we’re able to sign-off on all forms!

We can help you get through the

Pet Travel Checklist

Before you visit our office to obtain your International Health Certificate, follow this handy pet travel checklist. Also remember: It is important you contact us as soon as you are considering international travel. Getting a final certificate can be a lengthy process!


Step 1

Print out this checklist and fill out the first page before proceeding to Step 2.

Step 2

Visit the USDA’s Pet Travel Website and enter your destination country on the dropdown menu to learn its animal travel requirements. Every country is different, so be sure to write down all vaccines, tests, and medications your pet needs.

Step 3

Determine whether your destination requires you to fill out its own specific health certificate, or if it allows the USDA’s certificate, also known as APHIS Form 7001 — we can provide a copy if you do not have a printer.


Step 4

Some destinations require that your pet gets microchipped. If so, we can inject a rice-sized chip with a unique ID number that is associated and your contact information between your pet’s shoulder blades. We will provide the required paperwork and help facilitate the chip registration process.

Step 5

Once you’ve completed the checklist, Contact Us to schedule an appointment.

Print out the checklist and any country-specific paperwork, if necessary.

Remember, if you need us to, we can provide the APHIS Form 7001.

Step 6

Visit us to get help completing the health and paperwork requirements, and have a fun trip!

We hope to see you soon and wish you safe travels on your journey!

Frequently Asked Questions

We’ve answered some of the more common questions we receive about our veterinary practice below.

Feel free to contact us if you would like more information or do not see your question answered here.

Q: Which types of pets do you provide International Travel Certificates for?

A: Dogs and cats only.

Q: Which payment options are available to customers?

A: For your convenience, we accept Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and CareCredit. Payment is due at the time services are rendered.

A Payment Plan may be established with CareCredit to allow you to create the easiest payment option for your budget. Care Credit has an automatic 6-month NO INTEREST Plan available, as well as other plans. Care Credit can also be used with many (human) medical service providers. For financing approval, visit the Care Credit website.

For more information, contact us.

Q: Why do International Travel Certificates take so long?

Sick animals are serious business, and countries want to make sure every animal that visits is healthy through vaccinations. However, vaccines don’t begin working immediately. A pet’s body takes time to build up antibodies. This can often take months. Some countries even require a titer test, which measures your pet’s immunity to the disease it was vaccinated against.

Q: Does my pet need an appointment?

A: Yes! Please contact us as soon as you are thinking about traveling with your pet so we can help you get started with your certification. Remember, it can take up to 6 months for your pet to become certified!